Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday prep work.....

I am so excited to have a kid free day tomorrow! I decided I would try and get some prep work done so that tomorrow after I drop the kids to Grandma and drive home I can jump right into some sewing.
My goal is to have some binding to sew down while we drive the kids to SeaWorld on Sunday.

I prepped the backing and pinned the irish chain in blue/brown. Just need to make a binding for this one. I'm thinking a solid blue of some kind? Maybe the blue check?




I drew the applique onto the cream for the QSA block from the second set of patterns. I started sewing this one down today and hope to work on it some more tonight so I can cut and finish this block sometime this week. The reveal for blocks will be Thursday at Jo's Country Junction. I'd love to have 2 done this month.


I have this log cabin all pinned and ready for quilting if I have time to get to it. It's brown binding is already made and ready to go. I'm thinking loops and stars on this one.

I also have some midget blocks that have fabrics pulled for them already. I need one for Tuesday.

The new Grandmothers Choice block will be available on Saturday.

Brown Rainbow scrap challenge - I still would like to make a little turkey for thanksgiving and need to cut some 2 inch squares for the basket of colorful squares. 
I would also like to finish my Halloween wall hanging. I made progress and made an oops but am going to just add a BOO and call it done. The Boo needs to get cut and added to the quilt and then quilting can take place. 

I started a red/tan homespun irish chain today. A little more progress might get made on that as well.

I'd like to prep the Kansas Sunflower from the Grandmothers Choice blocks so I can work on hand piecing that one next week.

So many options to work on..... I wonder what will actually get done? My only goal is to have the irish chain quilted and bound tomorrow.  It should go quickly with a walking foot and straight line sewing. I've never done that on a quilt before so it will be interesting. Anything else that gets done is a bonus!



3 comments:

Angie said...

Hope you have a wonderful productive sewing Saturday!

scraphappy said...

So many choices is right! Hope you get done the one you need to and then enjoy whatever calls to you after that. A whole kids free day sounds like the perfect opportunity to jump in and enjoy!

Sheila said...

Oh my. Striking log cabin.