I got a little sewing time in this morning and was able to make my Dresden plate in dark green. Sorry the photo's are all washed out. They are more vibrant in person.
I cut the rest of these scraps into strips last week. They are sitting in piles of 1.5,2 and 2.5 on the edge of my ironing surface. I pulled a few of the 2.5 inch strips and cut them into 12.5 inch strips. I sewed them together and now have a front for a place mat. I had a bunch of 5 inch squares of light greens left over from Greg's quilt.....7 years ago! I sewed a few of them together and have a backing. I should be able to finish this one off tomorrow before I start quilting the Hunter Star graduation quilt on Saturday. It will be a nice little practice piece for that.
I've also made progress on the trip around the world block. I need to prep some more squares starting with a white round so I can finish this one off in the car line next week.
I just got back from helping Emily's class select their books from the scholastic book fair. It was fun watching them search for books. When I got home I picked a few things for my lunch - lettuce, cherry tomato's, a scallion and a small cucumber! I added some cheese, ham and turkey then made a new to me Italian dressing a la Ree Drummond - The Pioneer Woman. Very yummy. I know what I'm having for lunches the next few days!
Head on over Saturday morning and see what other green scraps are being used up this week. I hear thunder..... so I'd better go cut and draw lines on some white squares for the car line today. One line pick up when it rains means if I get there at 1:30 for the 2:05 pick up I am just inside the fence and not out on the road waiting.