Sunday, May 31, 2015

Slow stitching Sunday...

I have one side plus half of another of binding to finish off tonight on the Celtic Solstice Quilt. I hope to get a little quilting time in tonight as well - I have two stars left to machine outline and all the side partial stars to outline on the Hunter Star graduation quilt. Progress....with hopes to mail it out later this week. That June 13th deadline is coming up quickly!

Yesterday afternoon my employee was going to take something out to the dumpster and opened the door and saw this! Only in Florida. The nice police officers came about 15 minutes after we closed and captured him and relocated it. I hope we don't find any more of them out there today when I head into work.


Oh, I tried a new recipe this morning. It was for a chocolate cake donut - without a donut pan I made muffins. They baked for 9 minutes at 450 degrees in the muffin pan. I had to save off two to bring into work for Gail and Dustin... since I mentioned I was planning to make them this morning. Nice and easy and oh so yummy! Here is the link.
http://www.somethingswanky.com/baked-chocolate-cake-donuts/

10 comments:

Angie said...

Good luck with the Hunter's Star quilting - it's going to be fabulous! Cute gator! ;-) When my parents lived in Sopchoppy, they came home one day to find a 5 foot gator on their front porch!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I would not be thrilled with that visitor!

canuckquilter said...

Love your new header quilt, and that Hunter's Star. Such gorgeous blues! I love your visitor less :) Thanks for the link to the recipe. I really don't need it, but will be making it anyway! I'll just take the dog out for a few extra walks to balance it out ...

The Cozy Quilter said...

Not sure I would want that visitor either! Your quilt is just about done!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love the stitching around the stars and the high contrast fabrics really makes those stars wonderful. I guess you will keep your eyes peeled from now on just in case another one comes your way. Kind of scary but finding a snake would be worse in my opinion

CathieJ said...

I love the Celtic Solstice Quilt. I really hate the alligator. One reason I will never live in Florida.

Jeanne said...

Quite the visitor! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Quilter Kathy said...

Very pretty Hunter's star!
That creature would freak me out for sure!
Thankfully it's too cold here for them!

a good yarn said...

Can't say I've had to confront alligators at work. Nothing in the manual about those. Thanks for the link to the recipe. I've wanted to try them.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Yikes! I am NOT a fan of alligators. People kayak through the lagoons and marshes on Hilton Head, and it looks like fun, but there are alligators in those waters and you couldn't pay me to kayak through them!

Your Hunter's Star is coming along ... I can't wait to see it finished.