Sunday, April 10, 2016

Slow Stitching Sunday......

After a full day playing in the soil to prep the garden yesterday I think I deserve some slow stitching today. First up.... the grandparents are coming over for a cookout to celebrate Emily's 7th birthday this past week. I made up the potato salad this morning and got the house vacuumed and swept and a little picked up. The kids (mostly Emily) cleared out the back porch and swept so we can be out there to entertain. Greg is firing up The Big Green Egg to prep for the BBQ.

I think I'll pull up the glider on the porch and get some yellow squares added to my trip around the world quilt while waiting for the company to arrive.


Linking up with Kathy at Slow Stitching Sunday where she reminds us to not feel any guilt as we take a few moments to recharge our batteries. For me ... that is sewing and hand stitching running some thread through fabric. I feel the stress of life melt away when I stitch. My view as I stitch. That brush in the fire pit is burned down to nice embers now.




2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Your beautiful trip around the world project quickly faded away from my memory as I began to crave potato salad and BBQ, lol...

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Your beautiful trip around the world project quickly faded away from my memory as I began to crave potato salad and BBQ, lol...