I admit, I had to do a little fast stitching today to get to some slow stitching. Fast stitching, you ask? I had to cut and prep a binding. Yup, a binding and you know what that means. Almost a finish!
The scrappy binding just got sewn onto the front of my Lori Smith blocks that I did as a quilt as you go process. I am so happy to have this UFO almost to a complete stage.
This morning I did finish hand stitching one of the blue appliqués down to the background and have just prepped one more blue to stitch as I have time. I added the blocks around the pink and purple this morning. I'll pull some black and blue sometime this week to finish off the others into 16 inch blocks. There are 4 still waiting for middles and their backgrounds....I'm sure they will get completed in the next two months as yellow and red have yet to come up in the RSC Challenge this year, and those are the remaining colors of my dresdens - red, maroon, yellow and brown.
Linking up with Kathy's Quilts and the other slow stitchers today. Head on over and take a peek.