Friday, March 16, 2018

RSC Saturday.....Slow Stitching Sunday.

I'm putting this one out early as I will be roughing it in the woods with 5 girls from my troop this weekend. Three adults including me so it is fairly matched and we have a great set of girls going =). It will be a small encampment this time - 44 girls and 25 adults but we should have a blast. It will be their first shot at archery and we are so excited! (pun intended!)

I did manage to finish sewing the other two green squared away blocks this week - well close enough I ran out of bobbin thread on that last seam of the middle green one.  A photo of all 9 so far this year. This seems to be the only thing I am keeping up with!

A lot of hand quilting was done on the sage green dresden plate block. I seem to be in a hand quilting finish up mode on this project! I just have to finish making the X in each of the squares around the other three edges and I will call this sixth block completed sometime on Sunday! Half way done - Woo Hoo! Peanut is posing on his cat tree for me with the block.

Linking up (sometime Sunday) with the RSC Challenge. and Slow Sunday Stitching.

7 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Keeping up with the Squared Away Sampler and finishing up the quilting on those Dresdens sounds like QUITE the accomplishment to me!!

a good yarn said...

That's a cheeky face! Lots of good sewing happening at your place. Have fun in the woods.

SusanfromKentucky said...

Have a fun time camping! Peanut looks cute up there with the Green Dresden.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Sounds like quite the adventurous and fun weekend for you and the girls and you still keep up with the sewing / love the new header photo! :) Beautiful !

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful blocks. I hope it was a fun and safe weekend.

Janice said...

Looking good. They all play well together

Deb A said...

Thanks. I survived camping and the cats were very happy when Emily and I got home. Ollie (the 'shy' cat) has sat on my lap 3 times now since I got home and took a nap with me stretched out agains my leg... I think he missed me.