Saturday, September 15, 2018

Saturday....

I had to uncover the table from the kids attempting to make some projects earlier this week. Once I dug it out....and put things away it was time to help Emily make a pillow case for a birthday present tomorrow. Favorite colors were purple, white, black and teal. We went with what we had on hand and Emily made this for her friend Teagan. I did the cutting and helped with lining up one set of the pins. She did the rest!


I cut a few more green 5 inch squares out so I have enough to finish the last 2 rows of the green and cream tumbler quilt. I just need to trim them to the tumbler size and then draw the hand stitching lines on the back. It will probably be a travel project next weekend. 

I was thinking of sewing with some blue after dinner.... but I'm tuckered out and ready for some relaxing and maybe some hand stitching. I hope to get some blue sewing in tomorrow.



3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Way to go, Em!!! Here's hoping you got to play with your dark BLUE scraps, Deb.

Julierose said...

Absolutely adorable photo of your young sewist--what a treasure.. ;)))Hugs, Julierose

SusanfromKentucky said...

I love seeing these young kids getting into sewing! I'm on Missouri Star Quilt Company's app Quiltspace and several women show their kids and grandkids sewing.