Thursday, April 11, 2019

Teal Hexagons.....

I have been stitching the teal hexagon flowers this week. So far - 9 are done. I have 3 more prepped and need to cut some more black backgrounds to prep another 4. I did have to purchase more of the black.... boy - it was not fun walking through the store and trying to match the black. Turns out... I splurged and it was Kona black for the background. Now if I can remember that  the next time I am running out in a few months!

I'll link up Saturday with the RSC Challenge. Hopefully I can get a little more teal stitching in before then.

9 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I hope you wrote it down someplace--Kona black--cause if you are like me--you think you will remember-but then when you get to the store--you really can't be sure if you remembered it right!!!!
lovely flowers--love the color aqua/teal--
luv, di

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Very pretty! Looks like Kitty is taking a nap in the flowers!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Glad you figured that out! All of your hexie flowers are so pretty appliqued onto the black background!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I got tired of running out and finally bought a bolt!! It saved me a trip to the store. Your new blocks are so pretty in April's Color of the Month!!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty hexies! Love this color

grammajudyb said...

I have finally resorted to keeping notes on my phone! This "senior moments" this is getting tiresome!

Katie Z. said...

Your hexies are gorgeous!

gayle said...

Half the reason I have a blog is to keep notes for myself...

Auntie Em said...

As Gayle mentioned in the comment above, half the reason I blog is to remind myself of how I went about doing things. I refer back to my own posts all the time. Lovely hexies!