Thursday, April 18, 2019

Thursday - free day....

Did I accomplish what I wanted.... no but, I did make progress! This is the log cabin quilt top with the borders. I'll press the backing and roll it on the boards this afternoon. I also need to piece the batting.... the quilt is 94x94 and my roll of batting is 90 wide. I'm sure I have an extra stip or two I can stitch together to make it big enough.


I also found and laid out some 3.5 inch bow ties. I added a couple teals and most of the greens this week. Looks like I need to add some red and just a handful of the blues. I think that will hit all the colors so this set of blocks is almost done and ready for assembly as a Rainbow Scrap Challenge little quilt. I think I started this one or two years ago. Right now they are just laid out.... I think they will be colors scattered all around once I sew it into a top.

Linking up Saturday with the RSC.

10 comments:

Chris said...

Lookin' purdy good!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

progress is looking pretty darn good in your sewing room/floor :)

SusanfromKentucky said...

Looks like you did quite a bit. They're both beautiful!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW glad that you managed to sew! Scattered is fine, but I like the color-block look. I haven't made one like that, mind you, but I like it!

gayle said...

That's a nice big design floor you've got there!
And progress is progress!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Good job finding some projects that don't need much to move them along! The green log cabin quilt is beautiful! I love your rainbow of bowties, too - makes me want to start making bowtie blocks again.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I really like your bow ties! they are fun to make! Your Log Cabin is so pretty!

a good yarn said...

Looking good . . .

Susie H said...

Love that green log cabin quilt and your bow ties are coming right along. Practically 2 finishes this week = Great Job!

Cathy said...

Your log cabin quilt top is simply gorgeous. It’s going to a stunner when finished!