Did I accomplish what I wanted.... no but, I did make progress! This is the log cabin quilt top with the borders. I'll press the backing and roll it on the boards this afternoon. I also need to piece the batting.... the quilt is 94x94 and my roll of batting is 90 wide. I'm sure I have an extra stip or two I can stitch together to make it big enough.
I also found and laid out some 3.5 inch bow ties. I added a couple teals and most of the greens this week. Looks like I need to add some red and just a handful of the blues. I think that will hit all the colors so this set of blocks is almost done and ready for assembly as a Rainbow Scrap Challenge little quilt. I think I started this one or two years ago. Right now they are just laid out.... I think they will be colors scattered all around once I sew it into a top.