Wednesday, April 28, 2021

A splurge?

 There was a sale last week (I think). I've been watching them over at Accuquilt.com since I purchased mine last fall. It is SO amazing at cutting perfect curved pieces for quilting. After nearly 30 years quilting I finally ventured into curves and I have to say - I really love hand stitching them! I picked up the flowering snowball one  and have made blocks for a little quilt of that using some FQ's I've had waiting patiently for over 13 years.

Karen started cutting some pretty fabrics into drunkard path parts.... oh my. That is on my 'someday' list but I did not want to have to make templates and cut them all out. Then I saw a Buy 1 get 1 70% off sale pop up! Hmmm.... apple core was another one I wanted to try. They are both dies that were available. While in there..... I might have said, hmmm Winding ways is a neat pattern and I've been wanting to try one since I saw Ellen make hers and from reading the Winding Way's books by Jennifer Chiaverini. That landed in the cart and then there was a clamshell (it is curved....) but I really have no desire to make one of them so I went looking for another die that would use the same size mat's I had or was ordering and was around the same price. Crossed Canoe! This one keeps coming back onto my someday list and I think it would make a great RSC quilt next year so the clamshell was removed and that one was added =).


I did tell myself I have to finish my OMG for April before I can play with them though! I also need to cut out my light and bright blue flowering snowball parts for the RSC kit I am adding to each month and make my garden path block with my 8 inch cube HST die. I think that is enough motivation for me to get my OMG finished by Friday so I can play!



8 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely group of dies--they will make your sewing a lot easier...I love the preciseness of using dies...have fun hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love seeing them all laid out like that. I keep thinking of getting winding ways and the crossed canoes -

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That does seem like the perfect way to cut curved pieces! Looks like you have some great plans on your quilty bucket list, Deb!

Angela said...

Shopping. What fun! Looking forward to seeing quilts come out of those newly cut fabrics.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I totally missed Karen's new project! Have fun with your new cutting dies, Deb.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

What a great haul and even better that they are on sale.Enjoy. I look forward to seeing your future projects.

Chris said...

I bought a whole lot of dies several years ago that I have not yet used. One of these days I tell myself. The girls love cranking them out.

Canuck Quilter said...

Everyone needs a splurge once in a while. I see so many pretty quilts in your future with these dies. Enjoy!