Thursday, April 1, 2021

OMG for April.

 After compiling my Spring UFO potential list of things that might get finished this quarter in yesterday's post, it made deciding on my OMG really difficult! 33 things on the potential list (yes there are more things lurking that did not make the list!)

I selected getting my Churn Dash blocks into a quilt top in April. Bonus is to get the whole quilt finished but since life happens, we will go with a completed top as the goal. This is going to be a donation quilt for the Hands 2 Help Comfort quilt challenge. I used a white dot print in most of the blocks so I got a bit more of that for the sashings. I'm not doing cornerstones as I want them to float.

For the size requirements... I'm going to add a finished 1 inch sashing to these all around and it will get finished with a scrappy binding eventually.


Linking up with OMG for April. I just want to thank Patti for doing this linkup and inspiring us to move projects along each month.



5 comments:

Angela said...

I wondered which from the long list would make it to the top. A finished stack of blocks waiting to be sewn together is such a pretty sight. A quilt top is within your grasp! Good luck with the sashing. Sounds perfect.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Best of luck on finishing this classic beauty, Deb!!

Rebecca Grace said...

You had 33 possible goals for April? I’m so glad Patty made it the ONE monthly goal challenge! I am loving your churn dash blocks.

LizzyAstro said...

Such bright and happy blocks, the finished quilt is sure to bring cheer!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I just love this churn dash quilt! So pretty -