First time back on my computer and I see I need to play with the camera feature when snapping photos of the cross stitch! I was able to sleep in my own bed for the 7th time since June 3rd. Lots of travel this summer between Vermont to help with my parents, Alaska trip with my family, a local college tour with Emily then back to Vermont. Flew home then a quick turnaround the next day for a quick jaunt with Emily to Nashville to tour a college. I'm home for a wonderful 8 days and then a week back up in Vermont we previously scheduled with the kids to visit my family up there. We scheduled Dad's funeral during that time, so hubby will set foot in Vermont again and our pet/house sitter is all lined up again since it went so well last time.
Sunday, July 19, 2026
Slow Sunday at home
This was the progress from the first plane ride.
.I had a little more time and added some stitches in the hotel yesterday morning then airport time and plane time. This is the beginning of the wagon wheel and the wagon the quilt is draped over. This cross stitch is from the book 'Quilts for all Seasons' by Paula Vaughn. This is November. I have finished and framed August and September back in the early 2000's. I have January half done, but have a bit of a boo boo I have not figured out how to fix.... so I started this one instead just after Christmas!
Today will be laundry, grocery shopping, figuring out meals (it's been 6 weeks since I've done that!) and some cleaning around the house. The dog was oh so happy to get his sniff walk in this morning, as no one gets up early enough to do that with him other than me. I might even try and sew some more of the graduation quilt together into a top! Maybe a dip in the pool this afternoon. This evening I'll be adding more stitches into this project before a week of work. Wow, been 6 weeks since I've done that too!
Linking up with Kathy and the other Slow Sunday Stitchers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Sounds like you have had a very busy and stressful time lately. I hope this week gives you some relaxing time which includes some stitching.
ReplyDeleteLast comment from Gail at the cozy quilter
ReplyDeleteGood that you have this week to rest up and try to relax...Hope all goes well for you...hugs, Julierose
ReplyDeleteHopefully you are a person that enjoys to travel. Glad you have a fun stitching project to take a long the way.
ReplyDeleteYour Fall stitching project is coming right along--and it looks lovely--The theme for you lately is--" on the road again''--though alot of that time has been "on the plane again"!! Glad you are home for a bit--hugs, di
ReplyDeleteWow, that is a whole lot of travel. Enjoy your week home. Your stitching is pretty.
ReplyDeleteIt's been a heck of a summer for you - I bet you don't know where you're supposed to be right now! The wheel is taking shape. I like those designs that show progress easily, too. Glad you have some time at home for a bit - enjoy!
ReplyDeleteit has been a very busy summer and lots of travel there for you. Glad the family will all be able to be with you for the funeral
ReplyDeleteWhat a busy time you've had, so sorry to read about losing your Dad.
ReplyDelete