Saturday, July 25, 2026

Weekend wrap up

 Friday on my morning walk with Bear the dog, we got to see 4 deer! I think I was able to get 3 of the 4 in this photo. I had the leash in one hand, so the shot was not great. 



For the RSC, I was able to add one teal house to the pile. I plan to add a few more later tonight and maybe a chicken or two! Linking up with the RSC.


I did get into the sewing room on Thursday and figured out I had the Graduation quilt bear paws into diagonal rows, but they needed their side triangles added. Then they got sewn into a top. Did I mention I absolutely hate sewing those long seams? I added the four corners today. 
It needs a press and to determine a border or not. I believe it is 80x80 now so might want a little plain border all around. It might just be a slightly darker cream to make it bigger as it will shrink a bit in the quilting. I'll let the boy decide though as it is his quilt. I'll have to find a backing and batting for hand quilting, and put it onto the frame. Someone will have to wait a bit for it but, that is what he wants. The crazy summer delayed it a bit (doubt I would have hit the deadline anyway!). We will see how long it takes. I see a green binding to finish it off.... or maybe the blue? I think I have enough of a couple of fabrics so we will see what happens when I need a binding.


I've been doing a lot of counted cross stitch and I've managed to distort my fabric, so it is horrible in photo's. I've tried spritzing it with water and pressing it. Nothing seems to work. So, here is where I am at this point. I'll work on the pumpkin in the lower left tonight, I think. This will be taken with me for plane work (yup - travelling again but this one was scheduled!Flights 12+13 for me since June 3) up to Vermont. The kids and hubby are going with me this time. We have our house/animal sitter in place again. Linking up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday stitchers.



No comments:

Post a Comment