Saturday, October 3, 2026

More blocks needed.

 We got a new bed which is a king size, and I have NO quilts that size! In a pinch, my granny flowers on black is being used, but it is a little too small. What's a girl to do?

I have a collection of 12 inch blocks in flowering snowball and shoo fly, waiting patiently for me to sew them together. I think I'll hand stitch another 23 of them and make it a nice King size before it gets sewn together. That had me checking for the background - Kona eggshell. I have some left, but not enough for 23 blocks. I'll be checking MSQC over the next months to pick up another 10 yd of it on sale. I've got a couple yards on the bolt so can continue making blocks for a bit. I cut out one flowering snowball and two shoo fly blocks using my Accuquilt dies. I have the Flowering snowball and the 8 inch cube - 1+3 shapes used for the second block.



Thank goodness this is a scrappy one in blue, green and purples so it should be fairly easy to add to! 

Now that I have a plan for that, I think I will plan to hand quilt the graduation quilt - bear paw for Aidan.  I have the backing but need to get it prepped to size. I also looked up the big roll of batting I got from MSQC - natural cotton and it says it can be hand quilted. So, I'll plan to use that for the batting. We will see how it goes. It's been a while since I have loaded something onto the frame so I'll have to rewatch the Grace EZ3 loading video again.  That will be my afternoon plans!

Linking up with the RSC.... I think I did some of these blocks with the RSC...years ago!




No comments:

Post a Comment