Saturday, October 10, 2026

Saturday

 I started out the day at Camp Wildwood, the girl scout camp. It is Sisters Retreat Weekend - where the adults get to go and enjoy camp. I signed up for the day, and Emily was there to help out and get volunteer hours. Turns out, they didn't really need the girls much for helping as most of the sessions were self doing. We did the morning session and lunch (she was in the dish room cleaning up), then knowing she had nothing to do....and could be home sleeping or doing homework we headed home. (She drove me there) We got home around 3. The morning sessions were making a bamboo walking stitck - sanded down, added the grip, some bling and added one inch marks up from the bottom. So, if you run into a stream or swamp you can see how deep it is. Honestly, in Florida..... I'd never venture into a water area. There are gaters or snakes in everything! I'll use it walking the dog in case there is wildlife in the early mornings when it is just turning light out. We are 2 streets from a forest greenway area.  The second session was archery. I always like this and found out last year I do better shooting lefty. So, my 7th shot of 9 (I got to shoot 3 times in my group) was a bulls eye! The last round was junk journaling. I'll probably use mine as a quilt journal and diary I think.



Thursday, I finally buckled down and got the graduation quilt pinned for quilting. I was able to outline the blocks and then on the outer edges I am doing a walking foot echo around. I need to get back to work on that in hopes of getting to the binding stage tomorrow. Right now, the quilt is about 86x86 with the extra border I added. 


This week, has been very rainy. It started raining on Tuesday and finished up Friday. We had over 8 inches of rain in that timeframe. Good thing Florida is pretty much sand! Friday I got to chauffeur my FIL and Greg to FIL's doctor appointment in the afternoon. Since Emily was to have a late night, we stopped for dinner on the way home. A tornado advisory was issued in the evening, so the football game was postponed and we did have a couple of bands swing through. No issues here. My MIL about 45 minutes south had some good gusts of wind that toppled lots of branches and broke her Jasmine in two. We might head over tomorrow and help pick up sticks. For now, I'm heading into the sewing area and adding some stitching to the graduation quilt. 

Oh, I picked up a quilt from a friend today that needs a new binding attached. I've yet to pull it out of the bag, but I'll take a look at it after I get the graduation quilt finished off for Aidan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment