The Summer of 2026 was spent away from home for various reasons. No quilting or sewing happened. Lots of family time, a trip to Alaska with my hubby and kids for 2 weeks and hospice care for my Dad a couple of months and helping Mom after he passed. One kid back in school for her Senior year and one kid off to College for his Freshman year. It has been a summer! (No, his graduation quilt is not done but it is a top!)
The list of UFO's -
1.) I know I have at least one more cut somewhere to fill that open spot for a 7x6 setting. *** found the parts in a baggie! These are hand pieced.... and might need a little fixing along the way on some of those middle joins. From Inklingo lemoyne stars. The blocks are 4.5 inches.
2.) I think it's a 6.5 inch cut center of greys and 2.5 inch strips. Finishes 10 inches.
3.) Midget Applique quilt from Sentimental Stitches. I need to add more flowers and leaves and the vines... and the last border. Hand pieced and hand appliqued. Started January 2015 as a car line project. One block a week.
4.) triangle pyramids. started June 2024. I need to find these!
5.) Midget block collection - I started these in Vermont in 2010! I have a light blue for sashing.
6.) Erin's Butterfly - I made the wings in 2021. Need to add one more set of wings... thinking 9 is a nice number? These have been machine stitched onto the background. Need to add body and antenna to each. Also need to add 1 block in another color.
7.) Flying Snowballs - hand pieced shoo fly and flowering snowball blocks in blue, purple and green from 2025. Will plan to machine piece them together into a top about 84x84.
Flying Snowballs - Accuquilt dies for Flowering Snowball and Shoo Fly block. Scrappy blue, green and purple with solid background. Hand pieced blocks. Currently 7x7 for a 84x84. Thinking I want 106x92 at least.... so need 23 more blocks. The joys of getting a king size bed!
8.) Aidan Graduation requested quilt... for after college as he wants a queen size Bear Paw in civil war style green and blues. This is a top. Have fabric for 2 possible bindings and a backing is purchased.
9.) I forgot I had this. It is a cute birdhouse wall hanging but is foundation pieced, which I dislike. Maybe I can deal with it enough to get this done? Or rework it?
10,) This is a kit I purchased mid-90s - butterfly's. I think all the parts are there and I did start arranging them.
11.) Quilters Patch. A sew along that I completely did not meet my goals on in 2022. One block is done.
12.) Alternate BITA blocks from RSC 2025 collection
** I need to get a photo of these
13.) 16 patch blocks from 2.5 inch squares
** I need to get a photo of these.
14.) chicken blocks... these have not had much love this year.
15.) Bittersweet Briar - pattern in Kim Deihl's book and kit of fabric.
16) Brimfield Awakening EPP. I did start this and have the first fabric thread basted in purple!
17.) Bonnie Hunter Mystery - On Ringo Lake - maybe step #2?
18) Bonnie Hunter Mystery - Grassy Creek (2020) Think I am on step #4.
19.) 30's log cabin tulip quilt.
Quilt Tops:
20) Ella Maria Deacon Blocks. Hand pieced, machine stitched together into a top. Patterns from Sentimental Stitches.
I need to measure and see if it is happy with it's size or not. All my quilts seem to have a mind of their own!
21) Vermont Quilt Festival Booth Hop from either 2008 or 2009. it is 71x71.
22.) Y2K Joann's BOM - quilt top
23.) 1857 Quilt Along Top - This one is in the hoop for hand quilting as of December 2024. ** Might unpin this one so it doesn't rust and do something smaller first with the big BITA on the frame...
24.) Spring Hexagons - not sure if this wants to be bigger or not....
25.) Triple Irish Chain - green. 80x80 I think. I did find both fabrics extra with it... Might need a green or cream border first or both... Made in the early 2000's. circular feathers in open spaces.
26.) String of Beads is a top. I do want to add green circles to the meeting points of the green peels I think as well. The yellow ones really helped the colored parts of the peel flowers. I need a new photo of this one as I did get it to a top on 10/5/25. I promise!
27.) Little House Sew along with Melva at Melva loves Scraps earlier this year. Each of my blocks is 18 inches and 54x54. Wants to be a wee bit bigger I think. Used a jelly roll of purple shades from MSQC from a few years ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment