Sunday, October 4, 2026

Sunday stitching or pinning.

 It has been a lazy start to the day. I watched the F1 race (which was way too early for me, so I watched it when I got up!) and felt a little closer to the boy away at college. Hubby cooked a brisket on the smoker and then in the oven yesterday and it took all day long! It was a 17 pound one. I finished the clean up this morning of the dishes. I'll have to seal and freeze a bunch at some point today. I got a whole brisket instead of the flat since the price was very different. The extra part is pretty fatty, so he made some chunks of it and I'll seal them and plan to use them when I make beef barley soups. (Still pretty hot here but I can do soups any time of the year!). I did make a baked french toast for breakfast this morning. Yummy.

Grandma wants to go see the new Brad Pitt movie, so Greg and I will go with her today to see that. 

I'll be adding more outline stitches to the cross stitch later today. Question for all who do cross stitch, do you do the outline one stitch at a time, or do you do a couple at a time? I've done a bit each way but think the single stitches look better. I know some of my stitches will be over multiple areas for the grass later so those are different. The outline sure does make a difference! The three wheels are done and I'm working on the wagon now.


 

Yesterday, I decided to machine quilt the graduation quilt and was laying it out to roll onto the boards. I'm using a new to me batting so we will see how it works. It is so soft! Bear really liked it. I got a roll of MSQC Natural Cotton batting on sale at some point and just cracked it open. It says it is good for either hand or machine quilting. I need to clear off my sewing banquet table so I can put the boards up there and pin this quilt. I measured it at 78x78 so decided to cut a 4.5 inch strip and add it to each side to make it a little bigger. It should finish around 86x86.  If I can get it pinned today, I hope to work on it a bit each afternoon this week.



I do need to do a little girl scout online training before a retreat next weekend. That will take a solid hour or two. I'd better get moving and get a little done before the movie time starts.








2 comments:

  1. you are still doing girl scout things I thought you would probably quit when Emily got older and quit. Getting a big piece of meat done like that at one time and have it for multiple meals will sure save time in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I generally do one outlining stitch at a time when outlining but some projects call for longer lines depending on the picture and what effect the pattern maker is trying to achieve. The outline stitches sure make a cross stitch picture come into focus! Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete