Saturday, January 28, 2012

January Log Cabin


The sewing machine is home, all cleaned and working so smoothly. I don't know why I waited so long to take it in for cleaning. While the sewing machine was away... I did some hand work and got this little square quilt all finished. I did two lines on each log except the outermost ones and finished it with a coordinating purple fabric from the bundle of fabric I'm using for these little quilts this year. I love how it came out... and thank goodness it is the end of the month or I just might have made another one to hand quilt a sampler quilt with the quilt as you go method. I still might..... but I'll wait and see how the next month goes with our pool store opening this week first.

Go on over to Jo's Country Junction, grab a cup of liquid of your choice and see what everyone did for their Log Cabin block this month. It is just amazing how different this can look in so many colorways. Thanks Jo for hosting this. I look forward to seeing which block we do for February!

Come back tomorrow for another linky party with Jo - the final reveal of the crumb along quilts from last fall. I get to join in as mine is finished and on Emily's bed. You can see it in the header. I can't wait for tomorrow....

7 comments:

Conni said...

Looking great! Aren't these blocks so much fun!

Jo said...

Isn't a crazy busy time on my blog? Quilt Alongs...and Crumb quilts. I still don't have my Crumb quilt finished...UGH! I'm so glad you joined us for the insanity. I love your block. The hand quilting really sets it off.

Kristie said...

That turned out really nice! I just love your fabric selections for it.
Kristie

Ellen said...

I really like your block - it turned out great!

Lynn said...

Thanks for sharing, I like your quilting on this little project.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Your block looks great! Love the hand quilting! I'm hand quilting a king sized quilt right now so everything else that gets quilted here right now is machine done. Hope you are enjoying the Quilt Along! ~Jeanne

Becky G said...

I love your colors & clear value differences.
Nicely done! An inspiration.
This is my first log cabin. I'm finishing off the binding right now & will post tomorrow. Take care & good luck with the bearpaw! B