Today I got some sewing time in before picking up Emmy at school. I did take my walk first and saw these two turkeys a couple houses down
Then I got to go explore the fabric closet since my HIPPY meeting this morning was postponed until this afternoon. Since this was a BOM all the fabrics were supplied to me with just enough to make the blocks. I pulled some blacks, tans and then some maroon, green, orange and yellow for the border. I pressed and cut out my geese parts and sewed the black ones together. I also found this fall print while I was in the closet... I think that might be the outermost border.
This is what I am thinking.... the rest of the two sides with black geese will be black. Then the opposite corner will be tans. The blocks are 10.5 inches so the middle part with the leaves is currently 30x50 inches. The geese will finish at 2x4 and I am thinking a 1 inch finished black inner border. We'll see how it comes out.