Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Midget Wednesday.

I'm calling it done. It is not pretty or square but I'll deal with it whenever I attempt to put the quilt together. This one may not make it in but it is done.
#72 Brides Stairway. Should be 5 inches and 4.5 finished. Oh well.

#78 -Stepping Stones.  I figured I'd start with one that looked easy. Not so much. I believe the cutting instructions are incorrect. Adding a 1 1/8 square to the end of a 1x1 5/8 rectangle? Then I had an issue with understanding the brown  and background piecing. Good thing Angela blazed the trail. I went and peeked at her's and was able to figure it out. I think I should stay out of the sewing room for the rest of the day.

I pulled a few applique and hand pieced blocks that are coming up in the Midgets for me. I will pull fabrics and attempt to prep them by Saturday so I can take them with me for hand work next week.
New Year and 2 Midgets done already!

5 comments:

scraphappy said...

Two blocks done and two days into the new year! Congratulations. When putting the finished blocks together, it is amazing how good they all look even though when sewing the blocks we focus in on all the errors. Sashed and sewn they all look great. Keep up the great work:)

Quilter Kathy said...

Some days are like that! LOL!

Ellen said...

I am glad you stuck with it. I have both of these blocks coming up soon. I will have to remember the cutting instructions for #78 need to be adjusted.

I agree with Angela that when we are piecing these blocks we pay way to much attention to minor flaws.

Ellen said...

I am glad you stuck with it. I have both of these blocks coming up soon. I will have to remember the cutting instructions for #78 need to be adjusted.

I agree with Angela that when we are piecing these blocks we pay way to much attention to minor flaws.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Good for you for sticking with it on those two blocks. I really like the fabrics in the Stepping Stones block ... so pretty!