Thursday, August 13, 2015

A rainy Thursday......

It looks like a rainy day on tap for us today. Everyone finally got a good nights sleep (Monday night was rude neighbors with loud music, Tuesday night Emily was up in the middle of the night a couple of times with the last time getting sick - she is all better today) so hopefully it will be a good day without cranky kids and Mom!

We had a card making afternoon yesterday so I have quite a few cards to address and get into the mail. Dad is having knee surgery next Tuesday so they made some get well cards. We also have quite a few birthdays this month and next so we did birthday cards as well. It was fun and kept them entertained for a couple of hours. Emily found a theme and they were all similar. Aidan was very particular and took his time making each of his cards special.


Last night I got the last of my green squares onto my trip around the world quilt. I auditioned a bunch of colors and nothing looked good to me until I put this purple next to it. Purple is the next round! All cut out but they need their sewing lines drawn onto the back of all 64 of them. Maybe I can sneak in doing a bit of that today while the kids are picking up the play room.


5 comments:

canuckquilter said...

A good night's sleep after several not-so-good ones feels so much better than a usual good night! I like your next purple! How big are the squares? I'm trying to get an idea how large the quilt is now.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sometimes rainy days are THE BEST!!! Hopefully, yours turned out to be a good one, complete with Emily feeling much better.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh I am so jealous of your rainy day. Can't remember our last rain, now that is sad isn't it? I love purple and green together. I haven't touched my TATW in over a week and I was doing so good for awhile.

a good yarn said...

Well that's enough to try anyone's patience! Spending a rainy day crafting is just the ticket. I love receiving handmade cards - especially from children. The purple/greem combo on TATW looks really good.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love the idea of handmade cards and will add that to my list of things to do with the Ts. Your TATW just keeps growing and getting more fabulous with each round.