Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Midget Applique progress this year....

So far this year I have completed 36 midget blocks in the series of 52 blocks. Some still need their yellow strips added to surround them but most are attached already. We have 12 weeks left in the year and it looks like I am 4 weeks behind. I am sure I can add a block or two in over the next few weeks to have my 52nd block finished in the last week of this year. This quilt is completely hand pieced so far... and hopefully will continue to be all hand pieced and then hand quilted.... since there is no deadline on this. Just something to do while I am waiting on the kids. The patterns for this can be found at Sentimentalstitches.com under the midget appliqué in her store. No affiliation, just letting you know where I got my pattern. Looks like I need to prep some more yellow to add to those 8 blocks and pull some fabrics for the next few blocks to appliqué. I should be able to get a few stitches in at bowling tomorrow morning.... assuming Greg is up to heading into work tomorrow. I'm planning my reward time of bowling and stitching and then playing with the machine the whole time the kids are in school on Friday .... well, I might take a break and go in and have lunch with one of them Friday! The housework can wait.... right?


8 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh these are just lovely--so tiny!! You do such detailed work so well....hugs, Julierose

scraphappy said...

Housework can always wait, especially with an awesome quilt staring to come together. So bright and cheerful with the yellow frames.

canuckquilter said...

Housework can always wait, until you run out of clean underwear :) It's really fun to see all your midget blocks together.

a good yarn said...

So, so pretty! Housework - meh.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

They're so pretty all layed out and what nice progress you have made! :)

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Housework can always wait! In fact, it almost always does here at my house ... tidy is good enough for me ... it looks like I did housework (until you start to look a little closer). ha! Your little blocks are just so cute! I can't wait until they're all done and together. Hope you got in some bowling (and stitching) time.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh I how cute these are all together! You have made great progress, they are going to be a great little quilt!

Ellen said...

Fabulous Deb! Thank you for showing them all in one photo - you are going to have a beautiful and happy quilt when you are done.