Saturday, October 24, 2015

Saturday in RSC world.....

Deep breath.... long week. Sick employee had me working the last two days and I went in this morning just to make sure we were covered. Thank goodness - he is better and I got to pop into Joanns and use a 60%, 50% and 40% off coupon this morning =) My reward.

Pretty blue flowers on a 108 wide backing with the 60% off. Has anyone else noticed that they seem to have a lot more choices for the backings now at Joanns? There were some really pretty ones there today. That will back The Century Quilt for my niece in blue and yellow. Some white plain yardage at $1.99 a yard and it is oh so SOFT! That will be for the dresden plates. The 50 and 40% off were used on hand quilting needles - she rang up two but I had only purchased one... so I went back and just got the second one... you know, since one came to about $1 and the other package was around $1.30... for 20 needles each =) That was my splurge but it all has plans..... I do love when you save $55 in change.



I hope to finally whip stitch the two inches of batting and finish pinning my 16 patch stars quilt from last year sometime today. I'd love to start quilting it... but we'll see.

While digging around in the mess that is my sewing room I found these 4 patches.... brown and cream and green. Leftovers from Greg's Labor Day quilt and The Vermont Quilt. I have some ideas turning over in my head to use these up. We'll see if it works or not! All units except the little four patches in the bottom right side are 4 inches finished. Those are 3 inches.

Head on over to the RSC Challenge and see what other brown projects are popping up in blogland.

While 'working' at the store I did get to stitch a little bit in between customers. The little Sue 2 got finished off and I got the Oval Flower done as well. Oops - just need to stitch the little square in the middle in yellow. These are from the midget appliqué blocks found at sentimental stitches.com and finish at 4.5 inches. I've been working on these since January and I have 39 of 52 blocks completed.


Remember to hug your kids and grandkids today. I found out Thursday afternoon that one member of my daisy troop lost her battle with cancer. She was 6 years old and the sweetest little girl. A few prayers for her family would be appreciated.





10 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

Isn't it fun to get money off?!!! Looks like you did great. Prayers for the little girl and her family. We often need reminders to show our love daily. ~Jeanne

Nell's Quilts said...

Sounds like a very successful shopping trip. Love those coupons. So sad to see one so young succumb to cancer. Prayers to her family. The 16 patch stars will make a fine looking quilt. Cute little midget blocks.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a nice selection of fabrics and BIG savings!! Well done.

PaulaB quilts said...

You are doing great. Keep up the good work and enjoy it. So sorry about your little Daisy. We lost a grandniece to cancer at age seven. My prayers are for her family.

Kathy S. said...

Love the Vermont quilt! Sorry to hear of the little girl from the Daisy group. Yes, hug your kids often. Prayers for the family. God knows their needs.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

You got some great deals and your Sue block turned out really cute! So sorry to hear that the little girl lost her battle. Prayers for her family, can't imagine what they are going thru.

scraphappy said...

Hope your new scrap experiment turns out. Four patches can turn into so many things. So sad to loose someone so young. As a parent it is very hard to imagine.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Looking forward to seeing those super stars quilted . . . we live near St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. They save so many young children but the evil diseases still take too many (including a neighbor's son). Hugs and prayers for the family you mentioned (and for you, too).

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Always love getting a good bargain! Definitely praying for that family ... just too hard to imagine what they're going through.

Sheila said...

Oh my. I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your little daisy. Please know that her family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers.