Saturday, February 6, 2016

Saturday - Someone has a Birthday and turns 8 today!

We have another busy day today at my house. Someone thinks they are turning 8 years old today (Aidan) and will have his grandparents over early afternoon for nibbles and cake. We invited our play date friends but one was sick yesterday with a stomach bug. His little sister and Mom might pop over though. First - Emily and I have a girl scouts Thinking Day event from 10-12 this morning. 

Aidan - 8 years old today.

Aidan - Look I can fit in the box Mom! Age 2 or 3?

This month I hope to add some brown and cream log cabin blocks to go around these little blocks. I have no clue where this little quilt will end up but after I have the middle together I hope to add a round of log cabins and will go from there. Not sure if the middle will be square or rectangle... I think I was leaning towards rectangle.



I'll also add some birds in the air blocks to this mix. Most of the blues were added last month.
6 inch birds in the air blocks.

The girls at the vet this week. Maxie and Sophie.


Head on over to the RSC link party and see what other browns will come out to play this month.

Starting my Avon business was very beneficial - I learned about Pizap.com which is a free photo editor. It allows for collages, Facebook covers and lots of other neat things.  That is the top photo that I created for a FB post today. Some day... I'll create a new header of some scrappy quilts.

19 comments:

Katie Z. said...

Your browns are lovely.

Charlene S said...

Beautiful color combinations.

Julierose said...

Cute pix of Aiden--they do grow up fast for sure!! I like your browns also...sounds like a running around day ahead of you--but fun...hugs, Julierose

Ellen said...

Kids seem to grow in the blink of an eye. Happy Birthday Aidan!!

gayle said...

I love those Birds in Air blocks.
Give that birthday boy an extra hug!

canuckquilter said...

Happy Birthday to Aidan :) I do like that brown and cream quilt. I look forward to seeing what you do for borders. And thanks for the mention of the photo editor. I'll have to check that out.

LA Paylor said...

those 4 patch blocks are great! As is the collage
LeeAnna

Karen said...

I love your birds in air blocks. Every time I see them I keep thinking I want to make them.

Sheila said...

Happy Birthday, Aidan. He is growing up fast! He is a fine young man. I know you are very proud, dear.

Kate said...

Happy Birthday to Aidan! Looks like you've taken care of a few of those brown scraps. Happy Stitching!

PaulaB quilts said...

Your flock of birds is looking good. Have fun with the brown and white. It should be a nice little quilt.

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday to Aidan, and what lovely brown blocks you have!

Chantal said...

Love your brown blocks. The flock of bird quilt is awesome. Love the girls at the vet. The expression on that face, lol. She is really thrill to be there! Happy Birthday to Aiden. ;^)

Cathy said...

Love the Birds in the Air.
Happy birthday to your cutie! My grandson will be 7 this month.

a good yarn said...

Happy Birthday Aidan! Loving those Birds in the Air.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Happy Birthday, Aidan!!!

scraphappy said...

Hope the birthday boy enjoyed his special day.

Nell's Quilts said...

Taupes to caramels! A great collection of browns in your blocks. Hope the birthday boy had a special day. Happy birthday Aidan.

Mari said...

Love the birds in the air, but the cats look ready to do something drastic! Happy birthday Aidan!