Wednesday, August 1, 2018

August... new month and new color at the RSC Challenge..... Orange!

I'll have to go through and see what needs some orange on my current RSC projects and what catch up I still need to do.

I decided to set some goals for the month.... we will see how I do!

1.)Finish the binding on the Scrappy Houses quilt - 2 sides done and 2 to go. Finished Thursday August 2! 

2.)Make and attach the binding to the Dresden Plates quilt - Completed August 5.

3.)Make a backing and pin the Chain of Hearts baby quilt so I can start hand quilting it..... maybe I'll machine quilt this one instead.....or a combo of both. Machine through the 9 patches and hand quilt around the hearts...... Made backing and pinned 8/5 started hand quilting 8/9.



4.) Pull out the midget appliqué quilt and start working on the appliqué borders -  making some green vines, leaves and flowers to put all around the quilt..... this might take a back seat depending on the baby quilt hand quilting.... although it might be a good car line project...... thinking....

5.) Continue with the green and cream tumbler blocks - goal one row per week hand stitched. I marked 2 rows last night with stitching lines.

Well shoot.... those are ALL hand work!

6.) Assemble all the birds in the air blocks into a quilt top. There... that one is machine work!
7.) Work on a couple of rows of Emily's 60 degree triangle quilt with her.

8.) If I have patience... work with Aidan to get another block done on his quilt.

They just got threatened to be put into camp again with all the screaming and yelling this morning..... we will see if that works so I can work in peace and quiet for the next couple of hours.




2 comments:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Your midget applique quilt is so darling. Looks like you really addicted to hand work

The Joyful Quilter said...

That's QUITE the extensive list for ONE month!!! Good luck accomplishing however much you can get to. :P