I pulled out the 16 patch blocks that I made over the last year or two with the RSC Challenge. I have a good amount of them.... and was thinking of doing another version of my cubed quilt with grey as the background..... I do have 25 blocks... which is what I used in the below quilt.....
But I am in a mode to sew them up and clear them out. It takes a little more thinking to make the alternate block for that pattern (and a clean floor to lay them out on!) and I am not in thinking/creative mode with a couple of deadlines approaching in the next month at work. I think instead I will make them into stars and have them ready to donate next year to the Hands 2 Help cause..... or locally if something comes up before then. I have made a couple of these and love how they look. This one I get to see at my MIL's as it went to Papa Andy. It has a nice snuggly fleece backing. I like this look....so will probably do the squares on the edge of the blocks for one of them... maybe both!
My 16 patch blocks made with 2.5 inch squares.... into sets of 12.
The most difficult part when you have generic blocks - figuring out what to do with them! I have a plan now.... so I can start sewing these into bigger star blocks.
Linking up on Saturday with the RSC Challenge. Who knows... I might have some stars made by then!