Friday, May 22, 2020

Green progress.....


I had cut out the parts to make the Sweet Confetti blocks (Sunday Best Quilts)  earlier this week. Today was the afternoon to sew them up. The brights we have done so far (green, orange, teals and light blues) really needed some dark colors added to the mix.



Then I looked at the Stashbuster blocks. I had done a dark/light green one earlier this year instead of making the bright greens. I guess my plan changed in February when I made 2 orange blocks! I decided I needed 2 bright green blocks and I'll plan to make another dark green one... or two tomorrow. By making 4 of the blocks and putting them together I have 12 inch finished blocks to play with.... 2 each month for 10 months will give me a nice 4x5 layout (48x60).  

Linking up with the RSC on Saturday. Come back next week for the friendship stars and nine patches and some crumb/slab blocks in green!


10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is a nice block, I don't think I have seen that one

Julierose said...

You did so well with that dark (spinach) green...
Nice layout Have a great Memorial day weekend...
~ ~ ~ waving from my deck Julierose

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

That's a new block to me! I am not a fan of dark green but it really looks great with the light nice contrast

Angela said...

Variety in all things. Thanks for giving dark green a try. They do add a nice contrast to the lights and brights.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love those Sweet Confetti blocks! It will be fun to see what your layout looks like with all the colors. The Stashbuster blocks are great, too. They look like they have lots of design possibilities!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great job on working thru some Dark GREEN scraps, Deb!!

grammajudyb said...

Glad to see your Stash Buster challenge blocks! I have been wanting to do those, but just had not decided on how! I like your use of the rainbow colors .

Jo said...

Love those stashbuster blocks. Can't wait to see more

Katie Z. said...

Your blocks are beautiful!

Susie H said...

Sounds like a plan to me! Your sweet confetti blocks look difficult to me. They look beautiful!