Thursday, August 18, 2011

I can now officially say.....

I'm moving from Vermont to Florida sometime next month. Phew..... it has been in the works for a while now (we started thinking of this in January!) but I have been unable to say anything until DH gave his 4 week notice this morning. Does that explain the mention of packing and movers I let slip?
I have 3 projects packed with me at our interim residence - the L&E quilt which became the 'main' one with a person in mind for it; Emily's quilt in the 30's prints and my box for the midget blocks. I've been focusing on the L&E quilt for Miss C and hope to get it done and delivered before we head south. This will be a little something for the young lady who has been watching my kids at the Playspace while I go to the gym and get my workout. She has been there since September 2008 when AT was just 7 months old! The kids just love her and know Mommy is working on a quilt for her. Emily even helped pick out and match up the dark squares for me while I sewed! I just need to get back to working on it... in between doing all the other things associated with moving and starting a new business while having 2 toddlers underfoot.
I've got 116 sewn into patches with the dark triangles sewn on, re sewn for the little HST and all trimmed off and pressed. The light squares are sewn and I am working on the resew for the creation of the little HST's. Then I just need to trim and press and start making my blocks. I do need to make 4 more for the 5x6 block setting for a lap quilt.... then get some fabrics for the borders. I think I'll wait and see what it looks like together before I get the border fabrics. I'm thinking a brown small border and some blue print with a geometric pattern on it for the outside but we'll see.
Will post pics next post, I promise!

Have a great day everyone. I think I'll take the kids to the play ground at my old elementary school for a bit this morning. Tomorrow is Santa's Village in New Hampshire... if the weather cooperates! Think sun and no rain for me!




3 comments:

Ellen said...

It is so exciting (and a little stressful) when you make such a big life change. Hopefully, you will still have enough quilting time to work on your projects.

Barb said...

Where in Florida will you be? We moved from Florida to Northern VA in December. We still miss it.

scraphappy said...

Congratulations! Moves are stressful, but also so exciting. Where in Florida will you be? We are on the east coast in the middle.