Saturday, November 30, 2013

Rainbow Scrap Challenge...

I have been working on these applique orange peels all year for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. The pattern is from 'Remembering Adelia' by Kathleen Tracy.  I have had so much fun making them that I think I will continue on with a rainbow scrappy peel border for this little quilt during the month of December.  A few months ago I decided to start putting four of them together into X and O's.... for my Kisses and Hugs quilt. Now to make it a wee bit bigger I think I am going to surround each X and O with a colorful little border to give me a bigger block and a bigger quilt.

I have two more moss greens to finish for that last block. I have this picture so I remember that it needs to be an X!


This has been such a fun thing to work on this year that I am going to be sad to see it finish. I do have another hand work project lined up for next year's challenge (Hexie time) so hopefully the excitement of that one will help things along.

It has been a busy day at our house again. I was awakened by the kids searching for their Elf on the Shelf named Chilly around 6:45 this morning. He returned and was on the top of the cutout between the kitchen and the dining room overlooking the Christmas tree in the front room (reading room Mom). Since I was up I decided to make a baked french toast with the leftover french loaf from Thursday. Then it was running errands and I'm sorry to say I was one of those people talking on the phone while shopping in Bells this morning. I had to call Mom and check on a size for something =). Then to Public's to get a few things for our Thanksgiving tomorrow. Giblets have been cooked off, apple pie has been baked, Knor spinach dip has been made, laundry is ready for folding and after this post is done.... I get to sweep and then mop floors and then vacuum, clean bathrooms and pick up the rest of the mess from the Christmas decorating yesterday. Greg is in charge of dinner tonight - fried ravioli - lobster and cheese. Yummy! I am going to really miss when vacation is over - I forgot how good a cook he is. It has been so nice to have the kids tagging after him and being where ever Daddy is.

Head on over to SoScrappy and see what the other Rainbow Scrap Challenge participants have been working on. Lots of pretty blocks and inspiration so be prepared to be adding things to your 'must do' list for next year.

9 comments:

Julie in GA said...

I love all your X's and O's together! They look just wonderful!

Quilter Kathy said...

This is one my favorite scrappy projects... hope mine turns out as beautiful as yours!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Hard to believe that your Xs and Os is almost a top. I can't wait to see it all finished.

And as a recent convert to hexies, I cannot wait to see what you have up your sleeve for next year - hard to believe that I could almost say next month - doesn't seem possible that today is the last day of November!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love the layout, sometimes the most simple shapes make the greatest quilts.

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

I tell ya, I am more a machine quilter than a piecer these days...but you always inspire me! Beautiful!

Ellen said...

I love those x's and o's - they are gorgeous together!

Andee said...

I am loving this quilt! Looks a bit harder than something I would try, but I will enjoy seeing yours come along!

scraphappy said...

What a happy quilt. All the colors together are just perfect. Sounds like a busy happy holiday weekend around your house. Enjoy having a husband around cooking up delicious feasts!

Cathy said...

Lovely. What size are the blocks?

I just heard about elf on a shelf last year when someone at work was talking about it. Sounds like fun.