Saturday, August 19, 2017

Rainbow Scrap Challenge.....

Since I missed out on most of the blue month... and those scraps were still hanging out I decided to sew them with the neutral scraps into a freestyle log cabin block. These are not measured and are just sewn together in rounds to make the block whatever size it decides to be. I am thinking maybe 12 inches finished should work.... and who knows, it may end up replacing this one that I sold last year! We will see how the scraps do with it.

I needed a little sewing time today after a busy morning. The kids decided to make breakfast - home made cinnamon rolls which turned out pretty good. Then someone is all worried about his 4th grade science project due in November and got a little lippy with me... so he stayed home while Emily and I went to the Kid Fest at the bowling alley this morning. Oh My Goodness! The place was packed and we got on a waiting list for a lane. To kill time, we headed outside to see the fire truck and police car. When we came in I saw some friends sitting at a table waiting! So nice to see them and we put our names together on the list and shared a lane to bowl! So nice to chat with another adult and the kids had fun. Then it was a trip to Sam's Club to fill up the empty car with gas and pick up a few things. That place was packed too on a Saturday. We did see this guy enjoying a pizza as we left!

We got home to visit a bit with Grandpa and then the thunderstorms hit. I needed some 'me' time so headed into the sewing room.
Sigh... the kids kept coming in so I stopped here and will head into the pool with Emily while Greg is making dinner. Baked potato is in the oven and the grill got fired up for the steaks. I'll go swim a few laps while that is coming together.

Linking up with Angela and the other RSC Challenge participants.

8 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I love that Log Cabin / gorgeous! And your days are busy as always :)

I think that this parenting thing where the kids are loving to make breakfast could go viral if you gave other parents tips on this, lol!! :)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What a full day! Hope a little sewing and some swimming helped a bit. I love your blue and neutral log cabins!

Deb A said...

I've let them help in the kitchen since they were small - takes a lot longer but they know how to cook! I just had to show how to get the shaggy dough formed into a ball with extra flour. Better than the boo boo last night - where they read 2/3 cup of milk as 2 and 2/3 cup of milk. We tossed that one and tried again... with a story that it happens to all of us and at least it wasn't too much salt! They love the American Test Kitchen Cook book - that is where they get most of their recipes.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Good idea to see if you can replace the blue and NEUTRAL quilt that you sold. It's GORGEOUS!!! Here's hoping your scraps play along with the plan.

Angie said...

Love the blue and neutrals together! They will make another great LC quilt.

a good yarn said...

Blue and Neutral are such a good combination and the log cabin block stitches up quickly enough. I tried my hand at making cinnamon rolls US style but I think I made them too big. Tasted okay.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I love that blue quilt that you sold - beautiful and love the log cabins.

Those UFR and UFI (unforseen interruptions) wonderful? LOL. Keep up the good work!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Love the blue and neutral log cabin blocks. Like many quilters we can't keep them all; however, it would be a beautiful one to keep.