Sunday, August 27, 2017

Weekend.....

I finally got a little sewing machine time this afternoon. I was able to finish the 6 unstructured, scrappy log cabin blocks and added 2 more for an even 12 blocks. This is how they turned out - unfinished 12.5 inch blocks. I might make 4 more blocks.... we'll see. I have plenty of scraps......


This morning was carting the kids to Grandma's in Inverness - 40 minutes away. A little visit and then the trip home. Hubby was ready to hit Lowes, so after I threw the towels into the washer we headed out to check out ranges. Our oven decided to take a permanent vacation on Wednesday. The stovetop is still working and I found a way to make cornbread in the crock pot (2 boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix  takes one hour and 45 minutes on high!) and Aidan finished his brownie making in the microwave - 7-8 minutes in an 8 inch glass pan instead of his 9x13 pan. I really missed my double oven I had in Vermont so.... we are getting one again! Unfortunately they have to order from the manufacturer  so it won't be in until mid September, but I am getting a convection double oven with an electric flat top with 5 burners! We got it on sale, used the 6 month no interest credit card from them and got an extra 10% military discount! Did you know if you show a military discharge or current form you can get a 10 % discount on everything with your My Lowes card? We didn't! Nice benefit from hubby serving in the military right after high school.


Grandma should be returning the kids within the hour so I'll relax for a bit with some slow stitching. 6 of these border blocks left for the 1857 quilt and then I can put it together. Just need to trim from the back basting and needle turn them under.


Linking up with the rainbow scrap challenge, Oh Scrap and slow stitching Sunday. Head on over and take a look.


8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

My hubby uses his military discount at Lowes every time he can! We got a nice 10% off on a new fridge last fall. Your new stove looks wonderful! Your scrappy blue and neutral log cabins are so pretty - I really like that combination!

Kat said...

Those log cabin blocks look great! Always love that color combination.

Kate said...

Very pretty log cabin blocks. Ouch to the=out of commission oven. Glad you are able to replace it with something you really want.

TheEclecticAbuela said...

Great blocks! And congratulations on your new oven oven! (Double, you know. :) )

a good yarn said...

Enjoy your new oven and what a great deal. Your log cabin blocks look really good.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Log Cabin looks wonderful - I love the blue and white. Enjoy the new stove with the doubles! ~Jeanne

Moneik said...

We ended up having to replace ours right after our trip to MO a couple weeks ago. It just arrived this weekend. I'm looking forward to using it once it gets cooler.

canuckquilter said...

Love the unstructured log cabin. One more quilt to add to my list! I'm glad you found a replacement range at a price that softened the blow from the old one's demise.