Friday, April 22, 2011

Guild meeting Wednesday.

We had our monthly meeting on Wednesday night and had a wonderful speaker - Richard Cleveland, the founder of The Vermont Quilt Festival a.k.a. VQF. People were asked to bring in their quilts made before 1960 and he would tell us about the quilts. It was a really interesting night and I learned a lot about older quilts, dyes and how to care for them properly. Guess I need to take the quilts out of the plastic storage bags that my husbands great grandmother made!

This months block from quilterschache was the Pinwheel block - to be made in chocolate and pinks. Here is the one I made for the exchange.

As I won the blocks in November, I can't win again this year but have been making the block every month so the winner will have a good amount to make something with. This month there were 21 blocks made (guess we liked the pattern or colors!) and they drew 2 winners.

I stopped up to Joann's Fabrics this morning with the kids and picked up my little Ott light and some navy blue hand quilting thread so I can start hand quilting the little cat quilt. This is pretty much a practice piece for me and I think I'm just going to do a general cross hatch on it. When done... this will be another UFO crossed off the list. Speaking of which.... I need to get to those 2 backings so I can get at least one quilt pinned for quilting this evening after the kiddo's head to bed at 8. Who knows, with rain in the forecast for Saturday, maybe I can get it quilted during nap time tomorrow....... time will tell.

Happy quilting.

No comments: