Friday, July 13, 2012

Top completed!



The scrappy log cabin top is done! Needs pressing but I made great progress on this one. I think I know why I have so many blocks hanging around my sewing room - I really hate sewing long rows of blocks together. It is fun to make the blocks but putting them together is not my favorite thing.
Unfortunately, my free Wednesday next week is all booked with dropping kids to Grandma (1.5 hours in the car) - a doctor appointment for me in the opposite direction and a vet appointment for the cats in the afternoon, then go pick up the kids again. I'll have to schedule some time to get this pinned and quilted in the next couple of weeks so it can be mailed off to Colorado for mid August.
On a happier note I got to meet a Mom and her 3 year old son this morning that I had been chatting with online for a few years.. we met on an on-line pregnancy due date board when I was pregnant with Em. The kids got along great and hopefully we can meet up again sometime for a play date at a park.
I hear quiet from two bedrooms so I think I'll go pull out Tonya R's book of letters and start playing with some blue and white.

5 comments:

Kristie said...

I love it! The log cabin block is my all-time favorite block!!
Kristie

Jeanne said...

Congrats on finishing the top of your log cabin. I understand your dislike of sewing long rows of blocks together. I think that's part of the reason why I love miniatures.

Candace said...

I love scrappy, and log cabins were one of my favorite quilt patterns even before I started quilting myself.
They were part of the reason that I did, and yours is wonderful.

scraphappy said...

We all have that one stage of quilt making that log jams. For me it is borders. It always feels so much better when they are done.

Ellen said...

Very nice - great contrast between the light and dark.