Friday, January 16, 2015

Progress....

I have been away all week but I did manage to get a few stitches into my Trip Around the World block. Unfortunately...... I counted WRONG! I am missing those four blocks on the bottom and do not have any that are the same shade. So ...... I'll work the three sides with the rest that I have cut out and will have to go back next week and find that fabric and cut four more squares to finish him off. Now the next hurdle is to hopefully not loose them overboard this weekend as I am sitting on the balcony on a ship headed to the Bahamas for a couple of days =)

Trip Around the World - VTQuilter.
I did snap a few pictures this week. We are at the Gaylord Palms in Orlando for a conference and took the kids out of school for the first two days this week before our conference started. We hit Animal Kingdom before it rained and then headed to the hotel where Grandma was waiting. It was  little chilly in the high 60's and low 70's on Tuesday but the kids enjoyed the heated family pool and the unheated water park which they had to themselves. Yes Mom - we all went into the heated pool.


This was the view of the atrium from our balcony. Note to self - a little noisy in the morning as they had one conference eating breakfast there before their sessions started. It was beautiful though.

This is the carpet in our room - makes me wish I had my Hugs and Kisses quilt to work on!


Time to check out shortly and head over to the coast to board our ship. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

I'm not sure if I can link up or not but don't forget RSC challenge in Blue at Angela's blog on Saturday and Slow Sunday Stitching over at Kathy's blog on Sunday.


8 comments:

Angie said...

Have a wonderful trip!

Created by Kathi said...

Hope you have a blast on your trip! Sounds like the vaca started early too :) Kathi

canuckquilter said...

Enjoy your trip!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

lovely. and yes the quilt inspirations are everywhere!! Enjoy your cruise.

Julierose said...

Gosh your TAW is so neat--do you have a hand sewing pattern you used--or just your own? i love it. I have a boston commons book and I like that too--, glad you are warm in Fla...hugs, Julierose

scraphappy said...

Have a great time on your cruise. Sounds like a great plan. Enjoy!

Quilter Kathy said...

You are in paradise... enjoy!
You made me laugh about the carpet reminding you of your quilt! LOL

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Enjoy your cruise. Have fun!