This week I searched in my closet and found some pre-cut 2.5x4.5 blues from a swap back in the 90's to make a table runner. Nope - never got made so..... I decided to split them up into light and medium values and make some blades for a dresden plate! I used the tutorial from about.com here and it was really easy to do. I just need to appliqué it down to a background.... but I have not decided on that part yet so it might wait for a few months with the growing pile. I think I'll have enough white left from the Hunter star quilt I am going to make for a graduation quilt this year but I want to make that first to make sure there will be enough left for 12 - 12.5 inch blocks for the dresden plates. The medium blues plate is done.
I also made a twinkle stars or wonky 25 patch stars in blue. I just love how this came out! I made the light blue one this month too since I had them in that scrap pile from last week.
Head on over to SoScrappy on Saturday morning to see what other blue projects are in the works this year.