Sunday, March 29, 2015

Weekend catch up....

After a busy week I think I'll enjoy the cooler temps (high of 70 here in Florida today) and get some yard work in. Tonight I plan to do some relaxing hand stitching on my Yellow Trip around the world block for the RSC Challenge. Good thing there are a few more days in March to get this done.  I stitched most of the last yellow row in complete silence last night while Greg was checking something on the computer for work. No tv, Em was in bed and Aidan was at Grandma's. Peace and quiet =). There are 225 2.5 inch squares in each of these blocks. I'm a little past half way with this one.

I've made progress on my Hugs and Kisses quilt this week - 32 blocks are completed out of 49! I hope one more block will be completed this evening after a day of puttering around the house and yard while I hear all about the cruise my parents were on this week. They arrive back sometime today and we might just do a little early birthday celebration tonight with them for Emily - who turns 6 on April 7.

The kids decorated their Easter cookies on Friday afternoon. It kept them entertained and used the half container of frosting that was left in the fridge.

I'm linking up with SoScrappy for the RSC Challenge and Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday.  Head on over and check out the links.


17 comments:

Kaja said...

Isn't it funny, 70 is cool for you, but for us some years that's as hot as summer gets! I love your little yellow squares, so pretty.

The Cozy Quilter said...

We are still below freezing here! 70 sounds absolutely glorious! Have fun stitching today. Your yellow block is coming along nicely.

scraphappy said...

How rare it is to enjoy quiet. Have fun with your hugs and kisses -- getting close. Hope the cookies were delicious.

Quilter Kathy said...

Such precious times with little ones decorating cookies.
Enjoy your slow stitching today!

Julierose said...

Nice block--
70 degrees??? We are at 26 degrees and had 3 more inches of snow last night! Will it never end??? Is my herb garden still there??? Have the deer eaten all my little azaleas? Hopefully by Easter this will have melted---but I am not holding my breath!! Hugs, Julierose aka the Cabin Fever Gal

Lisa J. said...

I'm longing for some heat myself. The yellow block is so sunny. It's sunny here but still pretty cold.

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Love your happy yellow block! I would kill right now for 70 degrees--at least our rain hasn't turned to snow----yet.....

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh I love the yellow block. We are suppose to reach 70 today sure hope so. I think some trip around the blocks would be a good thing for me to do for RSC 2016

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow! 225 squares in EACH block?! I thought I was a patient quilter, but I believe that would test my patience. :o))

Raewyn said...

Gosh, this is an amazing block - looks so good in the yellow! It looks like your kids are having fun in the kitchen - cute cookies!

LA Paylor said...

Fl weather... 70's are hot girl. We had snow yesterday. AGAIN. We are tired of snow for a while in the MidAtlantic. I am a transplant from Tampa to MD. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Cathy said...

I didn't realize those squares were 2.5 inch. I thought they were smaller. At any rate...I love those blocks all 225 squares of them. Hard to believe there's that many in a block.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'd LOVE to have some of that "cool" weather. It was in the low 20's yesterday at the retreat. Brrrr

I just love to see your progress on your TATW ... I wonder what color your next one will be.

Magpie Sue said...

Great Trip Around the World block! And you're all set for purple in April!

Scrappy quilter said...

Looking great. And your kids are so cute.

a good yarn said...

225 pieces? Yikes! That's a lot of little bits. Looks like the kidlets had a ball with the cookies.

Sheila said...

RSC progress looking GOOD.
You have sweet kids. I remember when my kids dyed Easter eggs every year. Those were good memories.