I made my first sunbonnet sue! This is Sunbonnet 2 in the midget appliqué series.
I was unable to go work in the garden that was freshly tilled and enlarged on Sunday due to thunderstorms and rain yesterday morning. Instead.... I decided to go into the sewing room and do a bunch of prep work. I found my dresden fabrics and my template and cut them out - indigo and black. I had to steal a white colored pencil from the kids play room to mark my lines to cut out the dresden blades. I cut out some backgrounds for the appliqué blocks and marked a few and picked fabrics for them. I did have to go find my neck light so I could make a light box and mark them better . I also marked the cut line on the 5 inch mark this time..... maybe I won't trim them too short with that added helper line. Once the storm passed..... I started sewing the blades together....and then realized the bobbin was empty! Yup, had to wind a new bobbin, clean out the bobbin case from the lint and rethread the needle. I have the blades into twosies and then... grabbed a shower and had a lunch date with Greg at Red Lobster. Then it was time to swap out the laundry, fold and put some more away before heading to the car pick up line where I got to start the back basting on little Miss Sue. I finished her off last evening after boy scouts and the kids were in bed. We did get some pool time in after homework yesterday afternoon as well. A very full day yesterday..... and yes Mom I got my walk in after dropping the kids to school before the storm! I got another 2 miles in this morning.... done by 8:30 and it is really hot out there. Breakfast is done so time to head out and play in the soil before the temps get in the 'feels like 100+'.