Saturday, October 27, 2018

Saturday...

It has been a long 24 hours! We took our girl scout troop(s) (daisy - kindergarten and 1st grade - juniors in 4th grade) camping overnight. We were in a cabin on girls scout grounds locally. We had the girls plan the food, activities and what to bring. The girls had a great time and everyone is exhausted. We had 11 overnight and 4 joined us for the day. We took a hike to see the horses this morning... and mentioned if they wanted to come back and ride them they needed to sell about 100 boxes of cookies each to pay their way!  We will see how they do.

They had their first official group bonfire with smores and songs. A dance party running around the house, pillow fight, story time (I hear they were scary), then hiking, lots of outdoor time, making painted rocks and rain sticks and lunch - walking taco's. Great bonding time and memory making. We all got our official 'camp names' too.

Me... I plan to sit with my feet up and rest this evening with an early bedtime. I don't like to show faces....so this is a shot of the group hiking to see the horses. Maybe after a good nights sleep in my own bed I'll be refreshed in the morning.


4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like a great but tiring weekend - if I lived closer I would get some of the cookies from your girls!! I love the thin mints :)

Chris said...

you rock

Angie said...

You go, Mom! You're right about making memories - your stories brought back fond memories of GS outings in my childhood.

vaiybora said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.