Friday, July 5, 2019

Friday finish!

Well, technically it was a Thursday evening finish! All the hexagons are hand appliqued to a 6.5 inch black background. 167 is the total count! If I do 12x14..... I just need 1 more! I do have one more that was paper pieced that is ready to be added to a background to finish it off.  It is in the lower left hand corner. (the first one I did before I decided I disliked paper piecing so hand pieced all the other ones!)

Sorry for the bad lighting.... thunder storms again this afternoon in central Florida. If my calculations are correct this top will eventually finish at 72x84! A few years in the making..... and probably a few years to go!

Linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday morning. I think there were 21 pink ones in the mix that got stitched off last month! You know... for the Pink month of July!






11 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

ohhhh--I really love that quilt--how pretty those flower blocks are--makes me want to start one right this minute--
only--I have to do some block prep and tracing first for some embroidery blocks I want to do!!!
luv, di
it got to at least 94 degrees here in NY today--and it is clouding over to rain--they were suppose to do fireworks tonight--not sure that is going to happen???

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting the last of the blocks done, Deb!! Don't worry about the lighting, as that happens to all of us. We got those T-storms on Friday night. Drove through an intersection that seem more like driving through a lake on the way to pizza!!

Auntie Em said...

I love it! Very dramatic!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Lovely quilt, the black background looks great!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

What a labor of love!!!! So pretty with the black background!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a pretty bunch of color, Deb! Definitely worth the years of work!

Kathy S. said...

This is stunning!

SusanfromKentucky said...

Give yourself a big pat on the back for that one, Deb! It's gorgeous!!

Debbie said...

Love how your colors pop on the brown background! What a great finish! I love hexies, too.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wow! This is great! You are inspiring me to get out my old hexie projects. Like you, I didn't like the paper piecing/English piecing method. I hand pieced mine too.

a good yarn said...

My goodness, doesn't that look fabulous!