Yesterday was an electronics free day for Emily and I. She did allow me to link up my hexagon flowers post to the RSC Challenge (I need to go visit today) and I checked the radar while at Walmart with Aidan..... after waiting 10 minutes we deemed it 'slowing down for the thunder and torrential downpour' to run to the car with a cart full of bags! We got soaked... and 15 minutes away at home there was NO RAIN! It was quite a storm with the thunder booming in the store and the rain hitting on the roof. Did I mention Aidan really dislikes thunder storms?
Emily was watching me knit a little yesterday and wanted to learn. No photo - obviously as I use my phone for photo's! I cast on 21 stitches and showed her how to knit. She did pretty good... much better than I did while I was learning! 21 stitches was enough for her yesterday!
While looking for needles for her..... I cleared out my pink bag that I just grab to go with me. There is a medley of things in there to keep me busy while waiting - at soccer practice, car lines, dr appts....
There were bits of dish cloth yarn hanging around so they will make a colorful dish cloth or two!
The bag needed a clean out. I found some extra parts cut for the hand pieced quilt along. So I hand stitched them up yesterday! 4 flying geese (I do believe I mixed up the color and white when cutting this set out!) and 3- 4 patches.
Not sure why the 4th one was different colors - but one square got stolen to be used in Emily's who is finally starting to work on hers. We have done a couple of 4 patches this week for her first block! I'll show hers next week hopefully as a completed block 1!
My office and sewing area are being redone (the floor in the office will finish going down this afternoon..... the walls needed a 3rd coat last night. Note to self - don't have the kids help with coat 2 as it will be blotchy!) So everything is out of the office and tucked into the sewing area. Hopefully the office will be put back together tonight and tomorrow... then I can start on the sewing area!
I did pull all the fabrics off the storage wall and some of the bins of scraps and placed them in the bedroom..... so I dug and pulled out some pink scraps for the umbrella's this month. One of these might get finished during the soccer game as well! I use back basting for my applique. I started with the handle and top to stitch from the back and then will use needle turn to stitch it to the front.
First - I need to clean up the messy kitchen. The kids were baking yesterday. Aidan made biscotti (yummy) and did a good job cleaning up after himself. Emily made crinkle cookies - she did not do a good job cleaning up after herself. It is a process.......
Linking up with the other slow stitchers at Kathy's Quilts.