Wednesday, December 25, 2019

2019 Recap

I have to admit, I really enjoy doing my yearly recap post and seeing them all throughout blog land. It gives the sense of 'wow, I really did finish something this year when it feels like you just never finish anything! It is also a wee bit dangerous as you see so many beautiful quilt and boy, don't I want to make a version of them all!

First - the look back at some finishes this year. Thank goodness for my yearly album of quilts on facebook.  I think I need to make another one of these - It was fun to do a heart a day....and I have a charm pack of reds that would make a lovely little heart quilt.
Ari's quilt. She got it before she turned 1! Hand quilted

Emily's quilt - machine quilted

RSC 16 patches with a flannel backing. Machine quilted


Big log cabin quilt - donated to Lake Elmore Lake Association Raffle Machine quilted

Scrappy bow ties for Dad. Tied

Sally's graduation quilt - Zig Zag in blues and yellow. Machine quilted

Basket quilt - hand applique and hand quilted.

Aidan's quilt Machine quilted

Now the unfinished parts....

I did an umbrella a week this year and made this little top. I have plans to hand quilt it and think I found the backing fabric and have the batting. I hope to pin it over the next week so I can have it by my chair for a little hand quilting here and there.


I did a hand piece along this year. I made 2 of each block for a slightly bigger throw. This was so fun to make and I hear they might be having another one in 2020. I think it needs a border to finish it....

I also made this little 32x32 wall hanging top - my version of Happy Little Things. 



I also started a sew along that will run for over a year - Ella Maria Deacon. I have decided to hand piece these blocks - 4 a month. It should be doable! I am using muslin as the background and a variety of blues to make my top. The original was red, green and yellow.

I also turned this pile of hand pieced hexagons into ..


this pile of blocks! They were hand applique down onto some black background squares. I see one to go. Maybe these will get sewn together into a top in 2020?



I'm sure there were other parts and pieces worked on but those were the major ones moved along.

Now to see what parts and pieces, blocks and tops will be worked on in 2020....

9 comments:

Chris said...

It is amazing what you have created stitching in one car line at a time. I especially like the umbrellas. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you got a lot done and when you considering holding a job and all the things that go on with kids you did really well!!

Julierose said...

Just beautiful finishes for the year...I haven't kept track of mine--
maybe next year I will...Hope your Christmas was a Merry one hugs, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW many great finishes this year, Deb!! And some lovely new projects for future completion, too.

Gretchen Weaver said...

My favorite is the hexies with the black background fabric, absolutely stunning! Happy Stitching!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Wow, what wonderful things made by your hands...how nice to see them all together like this. Impressive. Enjoy your holiday weekend!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Let's see - Heart quilt, Basket quilt and the Umbrella quilts are my favorite and oh yes - the flowers with the black background! You have been a busy lady and put your time to good use! Happy New Year Deb!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So fun to see all your projects for this year! Your heart quilt is so pretty and colorful - I bet it was fun to work on!

Quilter Kathy said...

You can feel so proud at all you have accomplished! So many beautiful things added to the world in 2019!