Thursday, December 12, 2019

Ella Maria Deacon.... block #9.

I have fallen way behind on this sew along and the next set of blocks will be released on the 15th! Yikes. I managed to finish off this one this morning at bowling. I would have had block #12 done as well, but it seems I need to trim a few HST blocks in the corners and I seem to have forgotten to cut out the middle square. The good news - all the flying geese are done and once those 2 things are done it is ready to assemble. Then.... a couple of applique blocks. My goal is to have them all done by end of day on the 14th... so I will be all set for the next release of blocks.



Just finished dinner. My goodness - found a great recipe that I have to share.
Slow Cooker Cuban Mojo Pork . I omitted the mint since I didn't have any. I did have cilantro in the fridge though =). I die reserve 1/3 of a cup. Aidan and I may have dipped about half a pound of the pork into that reserved sauce before we managed to make our cuban sandwiches tonight! It was yummy mixed with some of the pork drippings and added to my rice too!. This will go in the rotation with a 2 thumbs up from everyone... cause we only had 2 thumbs each or we would have given it more!

3 comments:

Julierose said...

What a pretty block--hugs, Julierose

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Block is beautiful and that recipe is making me hungry!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

You are doing so much with such little time - Pretty block!