Monday, March 16, 2020

Stencils.....

Since I have successfully loaded the cat and mouse to the frame (ok, I need to baste the bottom edge but close enough!), it is time to think about quilting designs.


I saw a post last week in Celebrate Hand Quilting of some butterfly's being quilted. Cats like to chase butterfly's and they are cuter than the little gecko's the kids suggested... yes, my cats love to play with them on the screened in porch when they manage to get in! Time to check out my limited supply of stencils.

Hmmmm. I have a little bit of template plastic left, lets search quilting books and coloring pages for butterfly photos.

I like the shape of this one...

all traced. Just need to cut it out with scissors. Place on that teal and trace around and add a little dotted line to connect them I think. Yup, that will work. This afternoon's plans are set..... if the kids let me! The girl is being dropped off by Grandma around 1PM. I think I'll pull out the power washer and see if I can con the kids into cleaning a bit of the back steps and start on the concrete driveway and walkway. I need to remind them the pool needs to be cleaned of the oak leaves in the bottom too....

This is my companion, Ollie today while I work. His brother who is normally in his bed by my laptop must be with Greg or Aidan.


3 comments:

Chris said...

Cheese anyone?

The Joyful Quilter said...

Happy quilting, Deb!!

scraphappy said...

Cute butterfly! Power washing is pretty fun.