Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Christmas Tree...

 


So the discussion yesterday in our house was real tree or artificial tree.  The kids were split. The last few years we have been alternating. We have had years when we have 2 big tree's up in the house. The place we got the last real one from has been built up (now a Zaxby's and Southern Pig and Cattle restaurant). We drove around that stretch on the way home from the kids Dentist appointment yesterday. Nothing set up. Further search and they are not set up this year in our area.  Bummer. We headed to Lowes last night just to look at both.... and came home with this real tree. The house smells nice. The cats have inspected it. I have already overfilled the base - you knew it had to happen! Good thing hubby found the waterproof base for underneath it. 
I have a 2 hour meeting at work today..... so I'll remember to put my crochet afghan and/or the quilt and thread and needles into my office. I can listen and stitch at the same time! I get another 2 hours tomorrow as well =).
So far this week we are getting 2 eggs a day. The other 2 chickens have really red tops so one of these days we will get 3-4 eggs! Speaking of which - time to make a quick veggie omelette before I head into the office for work.

5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I always find real trees dry out too fast in the south for me and have not had a real one in ages - I should try it again sometime but will skip it this year and go with what we have. So nice for you to be getting fresh eggs now

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful tree, Deb! More eggs? What will you do once the younger set of chickens begin laying? Will there be an FRESH Eggs For Sale sign at the end of your driveway? Congrats on the bonus stitching time today and tomorrow!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Christmas tree time is the best! I haven't had a real tree since my kids grew up and left home, but I sure do miss that good fresh pine smell. Still fun to decorate, though.
Enjoy!

Julierose said...

What a pretty tree--we have had only a little tabletop tree for a few years now...I gave all my vintage decorations to my children for their trees--some were from my Grand-mere and very delicate. No more haulin' for our two backs.. but I do miss that pine-y aroma throughout the house a lot...
Black Friday (I hate that term!!) we will set up our little tree...
Strange holidays for us this year--Christmas is definitely for children--so do enjoy...
hugs, from afar julierose

scraphappy said...

A fresh tree does make the house smell festive. Enjoy your last couple of work meetings before the holiday.