Sunday, November 22, 2020

Sunday Slow Stitching

Some slow stitching will happen today. I will finish off the hand quilting on this block today so I can move the hoop to the third block. I just have to outline the big curve section. This is the hand pieced quilt from the Book Club sew along earlier this year.


I also pulled out the Endless Diamond blocks which have been sadly neglected lately. I was able to finish one block off and started another one while waiting on Emily at horses yesterday. Some stitching might have tried to happen while out watching the chickens in the afternoon but Emma decided to peck the yellow wrist band attached to the pin cushion so I figured I'd stop. Silly ladies. The second one started laying today - Fred gifted us with an egg first thing this morning - she was laying in the nesting box when Em let the chickens out this morning a little after 7AM. Lily has laid an egg a day since last Friday! We are curious if we will get 2 today or not. **Edited - 2 egg so far... wonder if we will have a 3 day? *** Yesterday the kids went out to check for eggs around 9:30 and when they lifted the lid Lily was in there! They let her be and within 5 minutes Emily came in with a warm egg. It was the first time they both got to feel the just laid egg. Pretty amazing what nature can do. One of the eggs was used in the banana bread Emily made last night. It was deemed the best bread ever!


Linking up with the other Slow Stitchers over at Kathy's Quilts.

8 comments:

Kathy S. said...

The purple pansy fabric caught my eye. I have some of that! Your stitches are beautiful. Enjoy.

Angela said...

Such pretty blocks!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so nice to have fresh eggs! your stitches look great

Karrin Hurd said...

Lovely projects, and how nice to have fresh eggs! Happy stitching!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fresh eggs really are the best (and happy quilting, Deb!!)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You guys are the ultimate in "eat local" with your fresh eggs! I bet they do make everything taste better. I'm wondering if they are different colors? Love seeing your progress on the Book Club quilting, and glad you have another Endless Diamond block in the works, too. They are both so pretty!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

At the rate you are going--increasing egg production each day--you will be able to sell some soon--sure wished I lived closer!!!! What would we do with out our stitching and sewing and hand work--I know I would be totally crazy by now with the way the last 9 months have been--had it not been for sewing ( oh watching the races on the week end--though the races are over now till Feb--darn!!!!) I will be alone for Thanksgiving again--after all--but I am so used to it--but it does really hurt more this year--as one of the reason's I moved back to Florida was to be with family on the holidays--this year though I do have lots of 'company' in the being alone!!!!!
luv and hugs, di

Kim said...

How exciting to have fresh eggs every day. Your Emma sounds like a delightful character. Nature is a magical thing. Your quilting on that pretty block is lovely and those Endless Diamonds blocks are always a beautiful thing to see.