I have been working on adding a sashing strip to these old churn dash blocks. There are around 70 of them if I remember correctly. The pile at the bottom is a lot smaller than when I started!
I have the first 9 Hexagon QAYG completed and need to cut out more backing fabrics for the next set and prep them for stitching.
This is the back. I decided to use some blue quilting thread on these and I love how it shows on the back. I think I will try and add some color on the back of some to add some fun for the back of the quilt when they are stitched together.
I made a yellow stars and nine so I could sew these remaining blocks together for a quilt top this week. Just a simple nine patch and friendship star using 2.5 inch squares. So simple but so fun! This top is 36x48.
A little quilting has been added to the basket table topper.
With a rainy day day tomorrow, I hope to get a lot of sewing in on my blue block collections.
Linking up with the RSC on Saturday.