Monday, February 20, 2023

Monday.

 I am so happy today is a day off! Saturday and Sunday were very busy days.

Saturday we left the house around 10:15 to head to horses. They were running late, so her 11AM ride time turned into a 11:20 ride time. They didn't get off the horses until close to 12:15! Normally group lessons are 30-45 minutes. She was having fun with this group of girls since they can all walk, trot and canter and are really good on their horses despite the wind spooking a few of them. By the time we stopped to pick up lunch and got home it was around 1:30. We ate and then I needed to find the badges and get them pressed onto her Cadette vest. She has not needed to wear it for a couple of years! We had a cookie booth from 3-6 and the other girl was out sick, so Emily ran the booth. So nice that she handled the money and us adults did not need to! 

Sunday we had a booth from 10-2 about 25 minutes from our house. That Publix is near the horse people, and they are very good customers and support the girls well. They got over $100 in donations in that time! They also sold a lot of cookies and were down to about 7 cases of cookies left and out of a lot of kinds by the end. The girls are planning a trip to New Orleans in June so are earning money towards that.

There is a Greek Festival at a church near where the kids go to school every February that I have been wanting to go to for a few years. I talked Emily into going directly there from the cookie booth - it was across town so about 30 minutes away from the booth. We got some lunch - yummy gyro's and one to go for Greg. She looked at the booths and got a pretty pair of earrings. Then I grabbed a few meals to go to try some different things. I got a herbed chicken with rice and green beans, a mousakka with the sides. Baklava was a Greg request. Then I got Dolmadakia and a spanikopita. They were both good. I'll try the mousakka for lunch! After a little eating and a little rest with my feet up (and throwing the ball in the house for the dog) Emily and I took him for a walk to tire him out. It was an early to bed night for both of us girls.

I did add a few stitches to Frosty.


Today - We will take the dog to the trail head for a walk at some point. I do really need to do a deep clean of my bedroom and a clean of the house. I want to drop some bigger items off to the garbage center as well. The temps are to be in the 80's this week and hitting the 90's for a few days as well. Sigh, and so the heat begins in Florida. Way too early for me. 

Might I get a few minutes to sew today? Fingers crossed that I can sneak in there and play a little bit. That area needs cleaning too, but I'll sew instead!


 

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I don't know if the 90's are normal for this time of year for you but it seems excessively early to me :) but here it might be 70 and around 60 for the rest of the month - maybe it will be cold again in March?
The Greek festival sounds like a neat place to be

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sounds like a busy and fun weekend, and glad the cookie sales went well! I might have stopped at the cookie booth outside our grocery store on Saturday, too. :) How fun to go to the Greek Festival, and yummy! Hope you've had a great day off!

Ray and Jeanne said...

Whew! It sounds like you deserved a day off! I haven't had a lot of Greek food but I love baklava and I enjoy moussaka. Wish there was a fest near us - I love your idea of grabbing a few meals for home to try different things. Keep cool this week ~Jeanne