Thursday, February 16, 2023

2023 ABC Table Scraps Challenge.

 The prompt for February is M/V and pink. I decided to use up my scrap strips leftover from Emily's quilt, to make a few placemats this month. These are number 13 on my Winter 2023 UFO challenge. Love checking two items off the list.

Emily's quilt was finished in 2019.



The leftovers.


There are pink bits in these fabrics, including the heart for Valentines day that was gifted to me years ago from my friend Moneik! I played with some straight line quilting on these and then attempted to machine stitch the binding on all three. It is a learning process and I'm happy to say, I'm getting a little better at it! 



I'll link up to the 2023 ABC Table Scrap Challenge later this month.


10 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Emily's quilt is really pretty, and so are the placemats! I love the color combination - and those owls are so cute. Nice finish!

Arish said...

Bonito y alegre. BESICOS.

Cheryll said...

Love your projects...very PReTTy... xox

The Joyful Quilter said...

Two for one Valentine special? Way to go, Deb!! I think my favorite of the three is the one with that sweet PINK heart on it. Thanks for linking up with ABC (Table) SCRAPS!

Mari said...

Machine binding takes practice but it is so worth it for the time savings. Love the happy little heart in your placemat, too!

Maggie said...

Table scraps in pinks looks beautiful.

grammajudyb said...

Look at you! Using up the leftovers! Way to go! And you are right. The machine binding gets better with practice! I never thought I’d be able to do that! I live the little heart addition “

Susie H said...

Good for you to use up the bits and just in time to finish up PINK month!

Ivani said...

Emily's quilt looks beautiful, great use of those scraps for the tablemats. The little pink heart was a great addition.

maggie fellow said...

great to use the leftovers otherwise they roam around the room looking for a home