Sunday, February 26, 2023

Sunday


I'm happy to say I spent a relaxing Saturday afternoon listening to an audiobook and stitching on this Frosty. I did the pick up of Emily last night from the Fairgrounds. Greg was kind enough to do the afternoon shuttling.

Sunday started at 6AM when my watch beeped to wake me up. Emily needed to be at the fairgrounds for 7:30 to help give Noelle the cow a bath and blow dry. That meant leaving the house by 7AM. I attempted to do 2 French braids for her. Lets just say, Mom needs practice! They held up for her part of the competition which was in the morning. She was in the 6th round and did a great job getting Noelle to walk and show. It was a great learning experience. She was done by 1.... but her partner with the chapter animal didn't have her showing of showmanship until closer to 4. We did not plan on being there the whole day, but we learned a lot watching all the different judging. I liked the second judge who gave pointers and praise to all the competitors and explained what he was looking for and how he judged. Haileigh did the showmanship and did a really good job. 


Bad photo but I was far away in the stands. Noelle weighed in a little over 840 pounds.


During a 30 minute break between the groups, I headed over to see the craft section by FFA and 4H members. 


That diamond print of the boat was awesome.

This needlework was quite well done.

Some embroidery and sewing as well.


and a quilt!

We got home a little before 6:30. A full day sitting on very hard bleachers. At least we were out of the sun, so it was not too hot. I have a feeling the 3 of us will sleep very well tonight. Aidan did great at home all day long - taking care of the dog, cats and even went out and checked on the chickens and gathered the 3 eggs. 

Now I just need to get through the Band competition on Thursday evening! 
 

4 comments:

Astrid said...

Another cute Frosty. Sounds like a fun and busy fair. A full day sitting on hard bleachers, ouch! Next time, bring a pillow! :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

my back would have been killing me sitting on those bleachers all day but I might have got in some reading and knitting I guess

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What a busy day for all of you! So glad it was a good experience for Emily. I imagine judging an event like that takes some special skills so that the kids learn from the judge, but don't get discouraged. Another Frosty done - how many left to go?

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

What a busy couple of kiddo's you have there--
Glad Emily had a good time and sucess in showing the cow--
and that Aidan did so well at home along--they are really growing up fast!!
hugs, di oh the newest Frosty looks handsome --