Saturday, February 25, 2023

Saturday in pink.

I'm happy to report I actually went into the sewing area and turned on my machine this morning! I needed to make another kite block and I have yet to do my split nines. Hopefully later today or tomorrow. 


Linking up with the RSC.

I'm hoping that by next week at this time, life should be a lot calmer. This last week was a lot of shuttling the kids here and there.

Sunday - we did a 4 hour cookie booth with the troop and the girls did great. That was after Emily did a booth Saturday night for 3 hours by herself as the other girl was out sick that day. I was at both booths. Monday was a day off.... and yet I did a much needed deep clean of the master bedroom. Cleaning is tiring! I got tapped with bringing the boy to guitar and hitting Sam's to grab things we needed and snacks for the kids for lunches. I was out of coffee.... and that needed to be remedied!

Tuesday, I offered to chaperone the band for the pre-concert for the main event on March 2. I picked up one kid and got him home from school, grabbed a quick dinner and then headed back to school for a bus ride over to the event. We got to listen to 4 other middle school bands preform their 3 songs for the contest and then the bus ride back to school (25 minutes). 



Wednesday - Emily opted out of her normal Wednesday after school club and I nixed Aidan's volunteering that day. Turns out that semi that got stuck under a bridge on I75... yeah, that is the bridge I go over to take the kids to school! Traffic was a mess, so I logged off work 30 minutes early and headed to school. Normally it is a 20-25 minute ride there and 30-40 to get home. I left my house at 2:35PM and got home about 5:15! I made it to the middle school in 65 minutes.

Thursday was a late pick up of the kids as Emily had band practice and Aidan volunteered at the middle school after school program. I got to ride Prism around 2PM and have opted to not ride anymore in the afternoons until fall when it cools down! It was upper 80's and I do not get along well with the heat. (I know, I live in the wrong state!). I'll try 9AM Saturday mornings starting in a month when my Saturdays are not so busy.

Friday, after getting the kids I picked up Chinese for dinner. Then Emily and I took Bear for a second walk. 


Greg and I tend to do a walk with him around lunchtime, but we will need to swap that to first thing in the morning as the pavement is starting to get too hot to walk him mid-day. While I was gone to get dinner, they changed the batteries in the smoke detectors. The high one in the kitchen area started beeping yesterday, so it needed replacing. I hear that the wire needed to get fixed on the one in Emily's bedroom and it might have flipped the breaker! Good thing hubby is handy in electrical and other areas. 

Saturday, Emily has fair things with the cow this weekend.  We are meeting at the school this afternoon for Emily to put her halter on before her teachers hubby gets there to transport Noelle to the fairgrounds across town. I'll follow with Emily and drop her off for the weigh in, meeting and then their skillathon paper test. I think they are decorating the area up after that. I have been told she'll let me know when to pick her up! I warned her we live a good 30 minutes from the grounds. Good thing I have some audiobooks lined up on my phone to listen to.

Sunday - she will need to be there bright and early (7AM!) to prep for the showing at 9AM. Greg and I will go and see how they all do. I have no clue how long that one will last and how long she will be there. I guess we will find out tomorrow!


4 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Dear Deb, what a busy and wonderful Mom you are! Those kids are lucky; I'm sure they know that. Your pink Star blocks are lovely too.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Seems early for it to be so hot there! We in the frigid north are having extra cold and snowy days right now. I wonder where the happy medium is! Sounds like a busy and fun week, although not the bad traffic day. Hope the fair events go well!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I looked at the link - that was a lot of damage and that truck looked like it sure was stuck in there - we have a lot get stuck under a small bridge in a neighboring small town that goes under a train track - they have signs posted way in advance that it is low and still almost every couple weeks you hear about another that got stuck and damaged it.

Astrid said...

Those star blocks are so pretty.